What if someone buys multiple copies of the same album/song?
- Any sales of 5 or more copies of an album attributed to one customer at the UPC/ISRC level, no matter how that number of albums is accrued, is subject to MRC Data’s bulk policy rule application.
- For sales designated as bulk, the following credit will apply (UPC/ISRC level):
- A customer who purchases 1 to 4 units will be ingested without any adjustments
- A customer who purchases 5 to 9 units will have that customer’s count reduced to 4 units for sales and ingested
- A customer who purchases 10 or more units be dismissed entirely, having that customer’s count adjusted to 0 units for sales and will not be ingested.
Can I bundle multiple formats of the same album or single and report them?
Albums: Multiple formats of the same album can be bundled together (CD + Vinyl LP, CD + Digital Album, etc.). However, only one sale from each bundle is reportable. In a Physical + Digital Album combination, ONLY the physical sale is the reportable ...
What are the Existing Policies & 2022 Updates?
Merchandise and Ticket / Album Bundles: Album sales cannot be reported if bundled with merchandise or ticket to an artist event/concert – even if album and merchandise or ticket are available a la carte. Merchandise is essentially anything that is ...
What is the minimum price I can sell an album for?
For an album to be eligible for chart consideration, it must be priced at a minimum of $3.49.
What is the minimum price I can sell a single for?
For a song/track to be eligible for chart consideration, it must be priced at a minimum of 39 cents. This also applies to physical singles.
Am I able to report boxed sets?
A physical format album (CD, vinyl LP, cassette, etc.) sold within a finished goods boxed set/boxed package (a package manufactured as a pre-set box, together with clearly artist/album-branded merchandise items, not a pre-pack of loose goods) can ...